NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “SentrySafe Makes Taxes Less Taxing Giveaway” includes a Sweepstakes and Daily Game (collectively, the “Promotion”) and is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sentry Group (“Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, administrators and members of such employees’ immediate families, defined as spouses, parents, children, siblings (whether such family members are biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter. This Promotion will be construed and evaluated under U.S. law. Do not enter this Promotion if you are not located in one of the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 12, 2012 and ends on April 17, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Promotion, visit www.sentrysafe.com/taxtime
complete the entry form with all required information and submit as instructed on-screen during the Promotion Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and one (1) Daily Game play for that day. Once on the Daily Game page, follow the links and instructions to play the Game. The Daily Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Daily Game will be provided with directions for validation. You may also skip the Daily Game and retain the one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 17, 2012. Limit one (1) entry/play per person per day.
If more than one entry/play is received from the same person or from the same e-mail address on any given day, all entries/plays submitted from said person or e-mail address may be disqualified. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries/plays made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such method. Entrants may not register with multiple e-mail addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter/play multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter/play with multiple e-mail addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter/play multiple times may be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, such entry/play will be deemed made by the person named on the entry form. Only one person’s name may be stated on the entry form. Any entries/plays not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that are final and binding without right of appeal.
4. DAILY GAME:
DAILY GAME PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): NINETY-SEVEN (97) FIRST PRIZES: Each First Prize consists of a SentrySafe Combination Big Bolt FIRE-SAFE®- Model SFW123CS. The ARV of each First Prize is: $150.00. NINETY-SEVEN (97) SECOND PRIZES: Each Second Prize consists of a SentrySafe FIRE-SAFE® - Model HD4100. The ARV of each Second Prize is $50.00. NINETY-SEVEN (97) THIRD PRIZES: Each Third Prize consists of a SentrySafe Fire-Chest - Model H0100. The ARV of each Third Prize is $30.00. Limit: One (1) Daily Game prize per person.
DAILY GAME PRIZE WINNER SELECTION/ODDS: Two-hundred ninety-one (291) random, computer-generated winning times, three (3) per day, will be generated during the Promotion Period. For purposes of the Daily Game a day is defined as beginning at 12:00:00 am ET and ending at 11:59:59 pm ET (“Day”). If you are the first player to play the Daily Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential daily winner of the Daily Game prize indicated on-screen (subject to verification). The Daily Game will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters pertaining to the Daily Game are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. The odds of winning a Daily Game prize depend on the total number of eligible Daily Game plays during the Day divided by the number of prizes available on a particular Day.
DAILY GAME PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION/ WINNER VERIFICATION: Potential Daily Game prize winners will be instantly notified on-screen and will subsequently receive an email containing a unique confirmation code. They will also receive a prize notification email with details for prize verification within 3-5 business days after receiving a winning message. Each Daily Game prize winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, and except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within seven (7) days of the date printed on the prize notification or the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. If for any reason: (a) a prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, (b) a prize is returned as undeliverable, (c) a potential winner declines the prize, or (d) a potential winner is found to be ineligible, the applicable prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. In no event shall more Daily Game prizes be awarded than listed in the “Daily Game Prizes” section above. Less Daily Game prizes may be awarded if insufficient, eligible plays are received during the Promotion Period. However, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose to conduct a drawing from among all remaining eligible plays, in order to award the applicable prize(s). Unclaimed Daily Game prizes will not be awarded. All properly claimed Daily Game prizes will be awarded. Daily Game prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE/ARV /ODDS: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize consists of a $5,000 Series EE U.S. Savings Bond. The $5,000 face value is based on the bond maturity date, approximately 20 years from the date issued/purchased. The Savings Bond will be awarded in the name of the winner. Any difference between the face value of the Grand Prize and actual value at the time of redemption will not be awarded. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,500.00. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about April 23, 2012. This drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decisions on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION/ WINNER VERIFICATION: The Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address provided on the entry form. The Grand Prize winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, a completed Form W-9, and except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within seven (7) days of the date printed on the prize notification or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from all eligible entries received, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, if appropriate affidavits and releases are not received within the prescribed period, or if winner is otherwise disqualified for any reason or declines the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from all eligible entries received, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon verification of potential Grand Prize winner’s eligibility, the prize will be provided to winner. However, the Grand Prize winner will be required to take all necessary steps required by the U.S. government in order to obtain the prize.
6. GENERAL RELEASE FOR ALL PRIZES (DAILY GAME PRIZES & SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE): By accepting a prize, Daily Game prize winners and Grand Prize winner (each a “Winner”) (or Winner’s parent or legal guardian if the Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release Sponsor, Aspen Marketing Services, Inc. (“Administrator”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns (collectively “Releasees”), from any and all claims, actions, liability, losses or damage of any kind, including death, whether actual, incidental or consequential, incurred with respect to participation in the Sweepstakes and Daily Game, including, without limitation, the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES AND DAILY GAME. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE DAILY GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL DAILY GAME WINNER AND SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY/PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED OR FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY/PLAY IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES (DAILY GAME PRIZES & SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE): By accepting a prize, the Winner consents to the use of Winner’s name, photograph, quote(s) and/or likeness for advertising/publicity purposes in commerce and in any and all media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitution or cash equivalent allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves right to award a prize of equal or greater value should a prize or prize component become unavailable. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail or mailing address of entrants. A prize (or any portion thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, assigned, refunded or redeemed for cash. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if for any reason any portion of a prize does not occur, such portion will be forfeited with no compensation being paid in exchange thereof at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for payment of any taxes on prize, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Winners may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes over $600.00. Sponsor advises potential Winners to seek independent tax counsel prior to accepting prize. The total ARV of all prizes (including the Sweepstakes prize and Daily Game prizes) as of the commencement of this Promotion is $24,810.00. The ARV of prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. Winners may be required to provide Sponsor/ Administrator with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Actual prizes may differ from those pictured in promotional materials.
8. WARRANTIES: WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE AND ARE NOT IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO A PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR GUARANTEES ON A PRIZE (IF ANY) ARE SUBJECT TO THE RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURERS’ TERMS THEREOF, AND WINNER AGREES TO LOOK SOLELY TO SUCH MANUFACTURERS FOR ANY SUCH WARRANTY AND/OR GUARANTEE.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: By entering, entrant acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and agrees to release Releasees from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in the Daily Game and Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto). Releasees are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions/entries/plays that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries/plays, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries/plays, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes and/or the Daily Game or (iv) any entries/plays submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules. All incomplete or non-conforming entries/plays will be disqualified. Releasees are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Further, Releasees are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners. Sponsor and its agents are further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and Daily Game or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries/plays. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any errors, misprints, or typographical mistakes in any printed or electronic advertising of the Promotion. If for any reason the Sweepstakes and/or Daily Game are not capable of running as planned, or if the Sweepstakes and/or Daily Game or any Web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and/or the Daily Game and processing of entries/plays per these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes and/or the Daily Game, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or the Daily Game. If the Daily Game, or any part of it, is discontinued or cancelled for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible plays received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Daily Game prizes offered herein. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed for the Daily Game, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/ORTHE DAILY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, excluding attorneys’ fees. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and all entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of DuPage County, Illinois.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: SentrySafe Makes Taxes Less Taxing Giveaway Winners List, 1240 North Avenue, West Chicago, IL 60185, no later than June 1, 2012.
13. SPONSOR: The Promotion is sponsored by Sentry Group, 900 Linden Avenue Rochester, New York 14625.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: The Administrator is Aspen Marketing Services, Inc., 1240 North Avenue, West Chicago, IL 60185.